Is there a way to change the URL of my youtube channel? I’ve been struggling with this for months. Can you help me?
Unfortunately, no, there is no way to change your Youtube channel URL.
The good news is that you can keep your existing subscribers and get new subscribers by creating a new YouTube channel. But you will have to create a new Youtube channel and make sure all your subscribers know to subscribe to your new channel.
Note that unlike changing your username, there is no way to change your Youtube channel URL without losing all the subscribers of the old channel. It seems that whenever you change your username or URL, the platform automatically prunes inactive subscribers. That’s why you may have heard from some of your followers recently that they had unsubscribed from your channel because they did not receive notifications from you anymore.
When you change your username or URL, Youtube will automatically redirect all the visitors coming through search results and an old link to the new one. This process may take up to 4-5 days. But in order for this to work properly, you must have a consistent branding across all your social media channels: website, social media accounts and email address should have the same name and logo.
What do I need to change my YouTube channel URL?
First, you have to have access to the channel. If you don’t have access and can’t confirm ownership of the channel, contact support for help.
If you can confirm ownership through a channel membership or as an owner of the YouTube channel, follow these instructions:
1. Go to Creator Studio > Channel > General.
2. Under “Channel ID,” click Edit next to “Change channel ID.”
3. Enter your preferred new channel name and click Continue. ———— If you’re having trouble updating your YouTube channel URL, try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Make sure that you’ve checked all boxes in step 1 above. If you didn’t check one of the boxes in step 1, then you won’t be able to update your YouTube channel URL.
2. Make sure that there are no errors in your Preferred Name or Description field under Creator Studio > Channel > General Settings. You won’t be able to update your YouTube channel URL if there’s an error in either of those fields.
3. Check that the name and address on file for the billing account associated with the YouTube account match what’s on file with Google Payments by logging into https://payments.google
If you are a content creator who has a channel with many subscribers, and you want to change your YouTube channel name, then you may wonder how to do so.
The first step is to set up the new channel name. If you’re just setting up a new account, this can be done during the signup process. Once you’re signed up, you’ll need to verify your account with Google, so that you can begin uploading content and gaining subscribers.
If you’ve already been using your YouTube channel for awhile and have a number of videos posted on it already, then there will be another step: changing your URL.
How to Change Your Youtube Channel Name
If your channel isn’t brand new and has some videos on it already, then you’ll want to change your channel’s URL in order to use the new name. To do this, you’ll need to go into the Settings section of your account. Once there, click on the Linked Channels option at the bottom of the list. In this section, there should be an option for “Change” under “Channel URL.” Just enter in the new link as directed by YouTube.
¶Once this is done, it’s time for another verification process. You’ll have to confirm that these are
Well, it’s important to realize that your options are not nearly as limited as you might think when you first consider this question. It’s also important to note that changing your channel URL doesn’t necessarily mean that customers will immediately flock from one place to another. It does, however, make it possible for them to do so if they so choose.
Moreover, you should remember that many viewers still access your videos on their computers and tablets. So whether or not you decide to change your channel URL is going to depend on a number of factors.
A good place to start looking for answers is in YouTube’s support center. There’s a wealth of information there and most of it is quite helpful. After all, if YouTube is offering the option, they must have done their homework and know what they’re talking about when it comes to the questions people ask them about this topic.
Lastly, don’t be afraid or embarrassed to ask another user for help if you feel like you’re getting nowhere with YouTube’s support center! There are a number of users that spend their time helping out others with problems they’ve run into while using YouTube, and there’s no reason why you can’t take advantage of their knowledge and experience too!
To change your channel URL, do the following.
1. Log into your Google account at https://www.google.com/accounts/Login?
If you want to change your username, you can do it with a new channel name. This process is free. You’ll have the option of signing up to Google’s partner program, which costs $4.99 a month and allows you to monetize your videos and make money from them through AdSense.
TIP: If you already have a YouTube channel that has content on it, you can’t just change the username and keep your old channel. You’re actually creating a new channel, meaning all your previous subscribers won’t be notified anymore when you upload videos on this new one.
Where can I change my username? YouTube has several ways of changing your username:
· Go to Creator Studio
· Select “Video Manager” or “Channel”
· Click on the dropdown menu next to your username and select “Update channel username”
· Enter in your new username and click on save
· Your channel will be renamed with your new username, so you do not need to start over with a new channel for the name change to take effect! You can start uploading videos again as soon as you save this information.
You can also choose an alternate username that’s still connected