Decorating your living space can be a fun and creative way to express your own personality, but it can also be an expensive endeavor; particularly if you’re trying to furnish a whole house. If you’re looking to decorate your place on a budget without sacrificing style, here are five ideas for DIY room decor that you can make yourself.
Ideas for decorating your home on a budget
Apartment living doesn’t have to be boring. Whether you’re moving into a new place or looking to give your current home a new look, it’s possible to add some pizzazz without breaking the bank.
Here are five ideas you can use to update your home on a budget.
1. DIY Magazine Rack: If you spend a lot of time in your bedroom doing homework or reading, consider adding a magazine rack to the space. This will give the room a more personalized look and help you keep clutter off of your desk. You can find magazine racks at most home stores and typically they cost around $30-$40 dollars–a small price to pay for the look it gives your room.
2. Cute Pillows: If you really want to update your home but don’t want to make an investment in new furniture, consider buying new pillows instead! There are thousands of options, so there’s sure to be something that fits with the overall style of your bedroom. Just remember that if you buy several pillows and blankets, they may not all match perfectly when it comes time to wash them!
3. Bookshelves: Using bookshelves is a great way to organize any room of
There are many ways to decorate your home, and most of them don’t require you to spend a lot of money. Here are five affordable ways to makeover any room.
1) Paint the Walls
Paint is an easy, inexpensive way to change the look of a room. Pick out a new paint color that will provide some balance to a room with lots of warm colors or that will provide an interesting contrast against cooler or darker hues.
2) Hang Things on Your Walls
Hanging art on the walls is one of the most effective and simple ways to give a room some visual interest. You can hang just about anything – old artwork or photos, knick-knacks or collectibles. It’s worth asking family members and friends for their old prints or posters – they’d probably be happy to give them away so they can be appreciated by someone else. Or you could buy used artwork at local thrift/vintage stores. If you’re not sure how much space you’ll need, start with a smaller piece and see how it looks in the space before purchasing something larger.
3) Change the Shelf Color
A simple way to freshen up a room is by changing the color of existing shelves. Hardware stores sell all kinds of
What’s in a room? The right pieces can make all the difference! Whether you’re working with a blank canvas or just looking to switch things up, these five DIY projects will set your space apart with stylish flair.
The first step to decorating a room is usually shopping for furniture. But have you ever thought about DIYing your own? It’s easier than it looks, and you can save money by making your own bed, dresser or even headboard! Plus, if you’re more interested in the process than the final product, the DIY approach gives you that satisfaction of seeing something come together.
To get started, check out these five easy DIY projects that are sure to bring new life to your home:
1. Upcycle an Old Dresser into an Entertainment Center
2. Repurpose a Bed Frame into an Art Display
3. Create a Wall-Mounted Headboard
4. Transform an IKEA Table into a Bar Cart
5. Create Your Own Chalkboard Furniture
Whether you’re renting a place or just looking to jazz up your living space, the following tips are easy ways to add a little bit of art and personality to any room.
1. Repurpose junk mail
Use colorful mail as wallpaper or scrapbooking paper. If you’re worried about how it’ll look, try it out on a small section before going all-out. It’s a cheap way to decorate that won’t break the bank.
2. Collect interesting things from around the house
A party invitation, wine bottle label, or even an old baseball card can be framed and hung for decoration or for a conversation piece.
3. Make your own stuff
If you have kids, this is especially easy since they love to make things too (not to mention it keeps them busy). Check out Pinterest for ideas on what you can make, but keep in mind that good art doesn’t have to cost money – it can just be made from stuff around the house and/or whatever materials you have lying around!
4. Turn an item into something new
One way to update old furniture is by painting it or re-doing its finish – but another great way to change the look is by adding new fabric or pillows. You can even
Joker art is an easy way to decorate your room and save money. If you have a wall that is bare you can use this technique to make it more interesting. The items you need to do joker art can be purchased at a dollar store.
We will list five ways to do joker art and also give tips on how to do it yourself.
The first thing you need for joker art is a picture frame. When choosing a frame look for one that has some color on it. This will make the joker effect stand out more. You will also need wrapping paper with some pattern on it, a hot glue gun, tape, and scissors.
Step 1: Cover your picture with the wrapping paper that has the pattern you would like on your wall.
Step 2: Cut out any part of the wrapping paper that may go over the frame of the picture.*
Step 3: Tape around all of the sides of the picture frame except where you cut out the pattern in step two.*
Step 4: Cut a small piece of duct tape and tape it over the back side of any part of the picture that isn’t covered by wrapping paper.*
Step 5: Take off any excess tape from around the edges so that it doesn’t show
A blank wall is boring. It’s a blank canvas just waiting for you to turn it into something fun, beautiful, or even artistic. But sometimes the simplest art can be the most difficult to create. So where do you start?
1. Start With What You Have: Before you go out and buy new things, use what you already have in your home. For example, paint a white canvas a different color or get as creative as you want with scrapbooking. The possibilities are limitless!
2. Browse Pinterest: If you need some new ideas for unique art projects, Pinterest is full of them! Search for “DIY art” or “wall art” on Pinterest and you’ll find hundreds of cool and easy projects to try.
3. Look Around You: Often times the best inspiration comes from what’s already around you. There’s no need to run out and spend money on a bunch of new stuff to decorate your walls with when there are plenty of small objects lying around your house that could be used instead! For example, use old books, bottles of wine, baskets, toys, and more!
4. Seek Help From A Professional: If none of these ideas sound like they’re quite right for your home or if you’d just