6 Tips to Hang on to Beach Vacations: A blog about ways to keep the beach in your life year round.
The weather is finally warming up and it’s time to start thinking about summer vacation. Some people look forward to July and August with eagerness, while others dread it. If you’re in the latter camp, then you may want to consider a different approach that will make your beach vacation something you look forward to all year long.
Here are 6 tactics for hanging on to your favorite beach vacations the rest of the year:
1. Use Photos of Your Beach Vacation as Desktop Wallpaper
Having photos of your beach vacation displayed prominently on your computer monitor will help you enjoy your memories all year long – even when it’s snowing outside! You can use images from the beaches you visit, or just favorite scenic views. Whichever you choose, place them permanently on one side of the screen so they’ll be visible as soon as you boot up.
2. Make Lounge Chairs Out Of Pillows And Blankets On Your Bed Or Sofa
This is a fun one for kids, but also for adults who take pleasure in creating their own little “nest” wherever they go. You can use colorful throw pillows and blankets for
Beach vacations are for many people a time for relaxing and unwinding. If you have children, it may also be a time to work on getting them to learn something new.
However you choose to spend your beach vacation, you can use some techniques that will help you keep the fun and relaxation of the beach in your life year round.
Here are six tips to hang on to beach vacations:
1.Set aside time each day to enjoy the beach sounds and feel. For example, put on some soft music and relax while you splash in a pool or watch the waves roll in.
2. Try some new things. For example, if you have never made a sand castle, this is a great time to try it. Or bring along a game of volleyball or Frisbee or football and play with your family or friends at the beach. You don’t necessarily have to do these things every day; just do them once in a while when you feel like it.
3. Have everyone take turns contributing something they know how to do; for example, one person could bring along a book of jokes, another could make some fun snacks, someone else could bring along a guitar and teach everyone how to play “Kumbaya,” etc. This kind of
When it comes to my favorite summer pastime, I’m a huge fan of a good beach vacation. But that doesn’t mean I want to spend the next nine months dreaming of sandy toes and sea shells. So here are six tips to hang on to your beach vacations all year long.
Tip 1: Bring back the beach home decor
When you’re not at the beach, bring the beach home with you. Sand and shells make for lovely table decorations, and seashell-encrusted photo frames can help remind you of your favorite vacation spots. Shells can also be boiled to make homemade ornaments for your trees and other plants.
Tip 2: Keep the sand close by
If you don’t have room for a big beach decoration, try keeping some sand in a jar on your desk or nightstand. A spoonful of sand in a mason jar makes a great conversation piece. Or, dig out some sand from your last trip and make a terrarium!
Tip 3: Bring back the water scent
Aroma lamps (also called reed diffusers) are a wonderful way to freshen up any room with their natural fragrances. Aromatherapy experts recommend adding essential oils like lemon, lavender, peppermint, e
We all need to relax and enjoy the sun, the sea and the sand. Beach vacations is an excellent way of doing this but there are many things that have to be taken into consideration.
1. Travel time
Beach vacations are great for people who love adventure as they offer a variety of things to do whether it is surfing, snorkeling or parasailing etc. If you’re not a big fan of traveling then beach vacations is not for you as you have to spend most of your time planning for the trip.
Beach vacations are not cheap. You have to shell out a lot of cash to get a suitable place; hotels, hostels or resorts. You also need money for other materials like food and drinks, transportation fees and more. If you want cheaper alternatives then you should go camping but if you want convenience without spending much then stay in a resort or hotel.
The beach has a lot of sand which can be annoying when trying to swim especially if it is too hot and humid. The best solution to this problem is by wearing flip flops or any other shoe that can protect your feet from the hot scorching sand and wetness of the water in case you step on it while swimming or playing
We all know how important it is to take time off during the year to escape the daily grind and recharge our batteries. A beach vacation is just one of many ways to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
What’s better than a beach vacation? A beach vacation with a loved one.
A recent survey revealed that over 60% of Americans who have taken a beach vacation with their spouse/significant other ended up in an argument, which is why you should avoid taking your loved one on vacation. But if you must, here are 6 tips to help keep your relationship from going under:
1. Bring separate reading material: It’s easy to fall out when you’re sharing the same book, especially if the other person is ahead of you in the book or has read it already. When you’re done reading what you brought, then it’s time to borrow something from your significant other…just make sure he or she doesn’t read faster than you because then again you may end up getting into an argument over whose turn it is to read next.
2. Be specific when making plans: Nothing kills a trip faster than being made to feel like a guest by someone who was supposed to be your host. Before committing to any plans, such
I love taking vacations, especially to Disney World, but it’s not always easy to go so I have incorporated a few things that I’ve learned that allow me to get the most out of my vacation time. If you’re like me and would like to spend more time at the beach or other fun places but don’t always have the opportunity, try these ideas:
1. Use your vacation to take advantage of special sales. Many times stores offer huge discounts when they are trying to get rid of summer merchandise that they no longer want; therefore, they will sell their merchandise at a discounted price.
2. Visit amusement parks during the off-season. The off-season is a great time to visit amusement parks because there are fewer crowds and you can enjoy more rides for less money. However, make sure you check the weather before you leave because you may have bad weather during this time period.
3. Go camping during the off-season as well. Many people go camping in the summertime and will be around if you are looking for some good company; however, if this is not what you are looking for then it is still a great time to go camping because there will be less crowds and cheaper prices than if you were to go camping in the summertime